Since its inception our Residential Slat has consistently proven to be a high quality, robust and well accepted profile so therein provided the perfect solid platform on which to develop the Stormshield profile as an option for a Storm Shutter. The development and introduction of the High Density Foam (HDF) offers remarkable advantages where there is high wind or high risk. The HDF is injected into the slat profile under controlled conditions during the manufacturing roll-forming process.
The Storm Shield is available in both restrained and non restrained options. Our HDF filled profile combined with restrained guides has been tested successfully to meet with cyclone category 3 regulations, while the HDF unrestrained provides an option with standard materials where extra strength and security is required.
Australian Standard AS / NZS 1170.2 – 2002 Structural Design Action Part 2: Wind Actions was used to determine the cyclonic wind loading for roller shutters fitted to a suburban house with an average roof height of 5m located in a sheltered Terrain Category 3 Region C cyclonic location. The design wind speed is calculated to be 47 metres per second (169.2 kl/h).
The Australian Standard AS 4040. 3 – 1992 Methods of Testing Sheet Roof and Wall Cladding, Method 3: Resistance to Wind Pressures for Cyclone Regions was used to an ultimate load pressure of 2.50 kPa, which is needed to fulfil the requirements.
- Cat 3 cyclone rating
- Premium insulation – Up to 90% reduction in thermal transfer & 50% reduction in sound transfer*
- Increased strength and security
- Light control – 100% light block out*
- Minimal flex
- Available in restrained and unrestrained
- Idea for closing in outdoor areas
*Statistics collected through formal testing in laboratory situations. Results may vary depending on installation & application type.
- Weight (per m2) 6kg
- Maximum Curtain Width (with standard guide) 3.6m
- Maximum Curtain Width (with extended guide) 4m
- Maximum Curtain Width (with restrained guide) 4.2m
- Maximum Area (m2) 10
- Gauge of Aluminium 0.32mm
- Profile Slat Height 40mm
- Profile Slat Thickness 9mm
- Standard Guide Dimensions 53mm
- Restrained Guide Dimensions 70mm
- Standard Bottom Bar Dimensions 50mm
- Standard Axle 50mm circular